Reporting to the Managing Director, Corporate Debt Financing, the Director, Corporate Debt Financing is responsible for identifying and developing business opportunities for Corporate Debt Financing in order to achieve financial objectives and ensure the full growth potential of Fiera Private Debt. The Director also assists the Managing Director, Corporate Debt Financing in analyzing new financing transactions, preparing loan submissions, setting up files, managing portfolios and risk while monitoring follow-up actions and deadlines. The Director, Corporate Debt Financing plays a strategic role in the group as an expert in Corporate Debt Financing and business development.
The incumbent must be self-motivated and well-organized, with strong expertise in risk assessment and portfolio management. The incumbent must also possess excellent financial analysis skills. Candidates will be able to demonstrate these skills based on their ability to analyze a significant amount of information and present it in a clear and concise manner.
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Participates in the research and development of business opportunities by targeting Corporate Debt Financing projects in line with Fiera Private Debt’s overall strategies and business plan;
- Performs analysis of financing files, including detailed financial analysis relating to financing transactions in accordance with internal policies and procedures and makes appropriate recommendations;
- Evaluates relevant information relating to financing opportunities;
- Prepares the Executive Summary for any contemplated investments;
- Acts as a resource person and coordinates transaction activities with other internal and external stakeholders of Fiera Private Debt;
- Plays an active role in the due diligence process and contributes to the preparation of financing proposal presentations and reports for Fiera Private Debt’s various committees;
- Conducts research and verifies, analyzes and interprets data obtained on financings and clients (such as financial statements, market analyses, monthly reports, credit records, and other information) all to ensure that the Managing Director is well informed;
- Plans and, as required, attends at business meetings with the respective Managing Director;
- Prepares the draft loan application for review and completion;
- Manages and monitors documentation for the business financing files;
- Completes monthly loan monitoring and provides the required input for distribution to various parties;
- Maintains current knowledge of the business environment through on-going research and participating in networking events;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or accounting;
- A minimum of 5 plus years of relevant experience in financial analysis and asset management;
- Holding a professional designation (CFA/CPA) is an asset;
- Superior knowledge of loan documentation;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to analyse market trends and relate them to the Fiera Private Debt business;
- Ability to operate in a fast-growing, results-oriented environment while meeting demanding deadlines;
- Ability to learn quickly and be proactive;
- Attention to detail and skill in managing priorities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Works well in a team environment, able to multi-task;
- Ability to develop and maintain a network of business contacts;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite;
- Ability to liaise with legal counsel in relation to necessary deal documentation;
- Bilingualism (English/French) considered an asset.
Fiera Private Debt offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits;
- Opportunities for professional development in a growing organization;
- Dynamic and pleasant work environment.
Interested candidates may submit their applications by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.